Opened 14 months ago
Closed 14 months ago
Last modified 14 months ago
DVD playback sometimes flickers when jumping from a still to a video sequence.
|Reported by:||peper03@…||Owned by:||stichnot|
|Component:||MythTV - DVD Playback||Version:||Master Head|
Jumping from a still frame (or just allowing it to timeout) to a video sequence sometimes doesn't unpause video. This leads to bad flickering when the video buffers are forcibly drained.
It appears that this only occurs under certain circumstances:
- A video decoder in no additional buffering (i.e *NOT* VDPAU)
- Still frame and video sequences in menu domains but not in cells marked as menus.
- When the timing is right!
The flag 'dvd_stillframe_showing' was explicitly set to 'false' here, which prevents the check at the end of MythDVDPlayer::VideoLoop? from unpausing playback. The attached patch ensures MythPlayer::UnpauseVideo? is called at this point, matching the behaviour of the check at the end of the method.
See also the sample 'StillToVideoToMenu?.iso' in stuartm's DVD repository.
Change History (4)
Changed 14 months ago by peper03@…
comment:1 Changed 14 months ago by stichnot
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.27
- Owner set to stichnot
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:2 Changed 14 months ago by Richard <peper03@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from accepted to closed