Opened 2 years ago
Closed 2 years ago
Last modified 2 years ago
DVD playback sometimes flickers when jumping from a still to a video sequence.
|Reported by:||peper03@…||Owned by:||stichnot|
|Component:||MythTV - DVD Playback||Version:||Master Head|
Jumping from a still frame (or just allowing it to timeout) to a video sequence sometimes doesn't unpause video. This leads to bad flickering when the video buffers are forcibly drained. It appears that this only occurs under certain circumstances:
- A video decoder in no additional buffering (i.e *NOT* VDPAU)
- Still frame and video sequences in menu domains but not in cells marked as menus.
- When the timing is right!
The flag 'dvd_stillframe_showing' was explicitly set to 'false' here, which prevents the check at the end of MythDVDPlayer::VideoLoop? from unpausing playback. The attached patch ensures MythPlayer::UnpauseVideo? is called at this point, matching the behaviour of the check at the end of the method.
See also the sample 'StillToVideoToMenu?.iso' in stuartm's DVD repository.
Change History (4)
Changed 2 years ago by peper03@…
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by stichnot
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.27
- Owner set to stichnot
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by Richard <peper03@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from accepted to closed