Opened 14 years ago

Closed 14 years ago

#1712 closed defect (fixed)

Backend crash with r9769 (maybe before)

Reported by: Andreaz@… Owned by: Isaac Richards
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: mythtv Version:
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I get following error and mythbackend die.

2006-04-22 00:12:32.418 NVP: ClearAfterSeek?() 2006-04-22 00:12:32.460 ~VideoOutputNull?() mythbackend: mpeg/dvbdescriptors.h:1246: ShortEventDescriptor::ShortEventDescriptor?(const unsigned char*): Assertion `DescriptorID::short_event == DescriptorTag?()' failed.

Attachments (2)

gdb.txt (17.3 KB) - added by Kurppa_ <panu.saikkonen@…> 14 years ago.
gdb output
myth.log (15.4 KB) - added by Kurppa_ <panu.saikkonen@…> 14 years ago.
mythtv output

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (9)

comment:1 Changed 14 years ago by anonymous

Summary: Backend crash with r6769 (maybe before)Backend crash with r9769 (maybe before)

comment:2 Changed 14 years ago by danielk

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed

backtrace missing. Do a "make distclean" first.

comment:3 Changed 14 years ago by Kurppa_ <panu.saikkonen@…>

Problem appeared in 9768 I believe. I did a make distclean and that didn't help, newest one I tried with was 9772. I'll attach a backtrace once I figure how to do that. (my first bugreport)

Changed 14 years ago by Kurppa_ <panu.saikkonen@…>

Attachment: gdb.txt added

gdb output

Changed 14 years ago by Kurppa_ <panu.saikkonen@…>

Attachment: myth.log added

mythtv output

comment:4 Changed 14 years ago by Kurppa_ <panu.saikkonen@…>

Priority: trivialminor
Resolution: invalid
Status: closedreopened

Seems SIParser gets a channel with no name at line 250 of myth.log (no idea if that's related) and just after that this assert fails and kills the program.

comment:5 Changed 14 years ago by otto at kolsi dot fi

I can confirm this one in 9772 (with distclean). Backend dies with the same assertion.

comment:6 Changed 14 years ago by otto at kolsi dot fi

It seems that cause of this is in 9763. There "match_pri" initializations were changed to UINT_MAX. Problem is fixed for me if I revert these back to 0.

comment:7 Changed 14 years ago by danielk

Resolution: fixed
Status: reopenedclosed

(In [9773]) refs #1688, closes #1712. Fixes sentinel checks for language selections in DVB EIT tables.

The sentinels were changed for #1688 in [9763], because the language preferences were reversed, but I missed the later checks on these sentinels, so if the descriptor was missing completely bogus data was returned.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.