Modify

Opened 4 years ago

Last modified 4 months ago

#9480 assigned Patch - Bug Fix

National characters in polish EPG (Cyfra+ and Polsat) won't work :(

Reported by: marcin.jachurski@… Owned by: dekarl
Priority: minor Milestone: 0.27.5
Component: MythTV - EIT Version: 0.24
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

Polish (Hotbird) DVB-S operators give EPG encoded in the ISO-8859-2 (Polsat) and in ISO-6937 (Cyfra+). Unfortunately does not give information about encoding. Polsat is not suitable byte identifying coding. Cyfra+ gives the wrong marker.On the programs broadcast together we get different coding, both wrong.

MythTV allows to specify the encoding, but only for the transponder, which is transmitted program (in eithelper.cpp). In this case it is necessary to specify the encoding to the network or the transponder from which the EPG has been received.

I wrote an patch, which adds forcing iso-8859-2 and iso-6937, depending on the source transport and/or network id, not on TSID() and OriginalNetworkID() from existing DVBEventInformationTable.

There is someone who had similar problems and have any comments? Maybe I am wrong to do?

This new encodings: ISO-8859-2 for source network id 113 ISO-6937 for source network id 318

Also other channels from Hotbird:

TV POLONIA PULS TVS ITV TELE5 TVP Kultura TV Biznes POLONIA1 EDUSAT Mango 24 CSBTV TVR Rebel TV 4fun.TV Eska TV VIVA Polska. Czworka

Attachments (2)

eit_pl.110307.diff (7.9 KB) - added by voyo <voyo.mythtv@…> 4 years ago.
0002-ticket9480_pl_eit_encodings.patch (7.6 KB) - added by warpme@… 5 months ago.
Patch for current master

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (18)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by marcin.jachurski@…

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by stuarta

  • Resolution set to Invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed

I'm still waiting for the patch mentioned in the email to be posted. Until then, i'm closing the ticket...

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by marcin.jachurski@…

  • Resolution Invalid deleted
  • Status changed from closed to new

But it was at Mon Dec 29 11:44:02 UTC 2008 and no one fix the problem until 0.24 version. If you need screenshots or database backup or any log. Please let me know. Polish people are frustrated at polish forums. And said that "We don't have full support for polish language :( "

Please fix it in the future version of MYTH TV. I am happy with that software so that's why i am asking you.

Good solution will be create field in channel table in database with EPG encoding from the air. After that all problems with any encodings in EPG will be solved.

THX.

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by robertm

  • Resolution set to Invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed

Please don't re-open the ticket without a patch.

Changed 4 years ago by voyo <voyo.mythtv@…>

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by voyo <voyo.mythtv@…>

Im attaching a patch originally wrote by Wagabunda, this is old thread and description: http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2008-December/064048.html I only fixed this to patch cleanly against 0.24-fixes. This is not best possible solution because it *might* break on other satellites, its using some probably reserved bits. However works great for me.

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by voyo <voyo.mythtv@…>

  • Resolution Invalid deleted
  • Status changed from closed to new

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by warpme@…

Hi, It is great to have addressed PL chars on polish sat EIT. This patch works great for me with passive scan (2 weeks of tests). However with active scan I have quite frequent random errors with PL chars in prog titles or desc. I'm almost sure it is correlated with active scan as last 2 weeks I was on passive mode without any issues. Last evening I turned on active scan and now I have a lot of progs. with bad pl chars. I'm on 0.24-fixes 20110415. I'll be more that happy to help debug problem.

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by stuartm

  • Milestone changed from unknown to 0.25
  • Type changed from Bug Report to Patch - Bug Fix

Should be simple, patch attached to do encoding fixups for Polish EIT.

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by warpme@…

Stuart, I can't find patch You re referring to. Do I miss something ?

comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by stuarta

  • Milestone changed from 0.25 to 0.26

comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by kenni

  • Milestone changed from 0.26 to 0.26.1

comment:12 Changed 23 months ago by paulh

  • Milestone changed from 0.26.1 to 0.27

There is a patch attached so hopefully someone can look at this for 0.27

comment:13 Changed 23 months ago by stuartm

  • Owner changed from stuarta to dekarl
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:14 Changed 22 months ago by dekarl

  • Milestone changed from 0.27 to 0.27.1

comment:15 Changed 5 months ago by warpme@…

Updated patch for current master.

Changed 5 months ago by warpme@…

Patch for current master

comment:16 Changed 4 months ago by dekarl

  • Milestone changed from 0.27.2 to 0.27.5

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as assigned The owner will remain dekarl.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.