Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#9675 closed Bug Report - Crash (Fixed)

[CRASH] Floating point exception in mythtranscode

Reported by: Kris McGrath <shiftybugger@…> Owned by: JYA
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: MythTV - Audio Output Version: 0.24-fixes
Severity: medium Keywords: mythtranscode floating point excpetion
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

mythtranscode crashes with a floating point exception in transcode.cpp(109) when called with the following:

mythtranscode --profile autodetect --honorcutlist --chanid 1006 --starttime xxxxxxx222627 --fifodir /var/tmp/xxxxxxx

It fails on 100% of the 10 files that I have tried so far.

Attachments (5)

gdb-mythtranscode.txt (17.2 KB) - added by Kris McGrath <shiftybugger@…> 9 years ago.
backtrace
version.txt (791 bytes) - added by Kris McGrath <shiftybugger@…> 9 years ago.
mythbackend version
mythtranscode.gdb.txt (3.1 KB) - added by Christophe.Boulain@… 9 years ago.
GDB output MythTranscode?
mythtranscode.log.bz2 (140.7 KB) - added by Christophe.Boulain@… 9 years ago.
MythTranscode? verbose log
version.2.txt (713 bytes) - added by Christophe.Boulain@… 9 years ago.
My mythtv version

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (16)

Changed 9 years ago by Kris McGrath <shiftybugger@…>

Attachment: gdb-mythtranscode.txt added

backtrace

Changed 9 years ago by Kris McGrath <shiftybugger@…>

Attachment: version.txt added

mythbackend version

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by Kris McGrath <shiftybugger@…>

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by sphery

Resolution: Duplicate
Status: newclosed

This seems to be a duplicate of #9425.

Thank you very much for the excellent report, Kris--you provided all the information (backtrace, full command-line arguments, and video sample) we were waiting for on #9425.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by Christophe.Boulain@…

Hello,

I'm not sure that's the same problem. #9425 reports a segfault, as this ticket reports a FP Exception (division by zero). I've exactly the same problem than Kris, and I updated my git this morning after seeing the fix for #9425.

Line 109 of transcode.cpp is :

        // last_audiotime is at the end of the frame
        last_audiotime = timecode + (len / bytes_per_frame) * 1000 /
            eff_audiorate;

and eff_audiorate=0 (see gdb log & bt)

I'll also attach a complete '-v all' log of mythtranscode.

Note than lossely transcoding (--mpeg2) will transcode OK, but never finished. After transcoding, mythtranscode hang with 100% cpu. Playing the .mpg.tmp file created seems to work, but as mythtranscode never finish, the file is not renamed and db is not updated.

Thanks

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by Christophe.Boulain@…

Resolution: Duplicate
Status: closednew

Changed 9 years ago by Christophe.Boulain@…

Attachment: mythtranscode.gdb.txt added

GDB output MythTranscode?

Changed 9 years ago by Christophe.Boulain@…

Attachment: mythtranscode.log.bz2 added

MythTranscode? verbose log

Changed 9 years ago by Christophe.Boulain@…

Attachment: version.2.txt added

My mythtv version

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by sphery

Component: MythTV - MythtranscodeMythTV - Audio Output
Owner: set to JYA

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by robertm

Resolution: Duplicate
Status: newclosed

This does not necessarily mean that these two tickets are not duplicates. Your diagnostic info was used to solve #9425, the other ticket has been closed, please update to 53c94717dce6d5a3c0755fcc132afd2df4f26b18 or later and test again, and only reopen with new version and log info if the problem still exists.

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by robertm

Resolution: Duplicate
Status: closednew

Sorry Kris, my mistake, didn't realize you had already updated to the post-#9425 fix. Obviously they are distinct issues.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by robertm

Status: newassigned

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by JYA

Actually while on the same line, it's a different crash than the one reported earlier (where it was bytes_per_frame that was 0).

I had noticed that bug too, and also fixed it while at it

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by JYA

Resolution: Fixed
Status: assignedclosed

comment:11 in reply to:  10 Changed 9 years ago by Kris McGrath <shiftybugger@…>

Replying to jyavenard:

Fixed in SHA: b21f784196c37f4dc4c55446dfdb3edd4ebcbe3b

Confirmed fixed

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.