Possible Future Development Tasks
This is not a general feature request list (for that, go to the wiki), these are items that the people actively contributing code to MythTV have identified as important to the future of MythTV, or intend to develop themselves.
If you see things you would like to work on, please email the mythtv-dev list for details/questions/etc.
- Switch MythMusic to use MythUI.
- Incorporate the MythVideo plugin into the core app? Allow the user interface to be consolidated more.
- Move backend configuration into mythbackend MediaServer? (mini-http server), eliminating mythtv-setup
- Revitalization of MythWeather? to be TOS compliant, and less buggy
- Incorporate the MythMusic and MythGallery plugins into the core app? Allow the user interface to be consolidated more.
- Switch to embedded mysql for the database to simplify initial configuration.
- Re-implement orphan and optimization perl scripts as internal housekeeping tasks.
- Database Schema updates for normalizing MythTV & Video Library file related tables.
- Improve themes.mythtv.org for user submitted content.
- Rework of jobqueue to remove special handling of transcoding/commflagging, and remove the four-userjob limit.
- Menu support for the Bluray disk format.
- A more standard communication protocol between the frontend/backend/etc. Currently uses a custom protocol, and it would be nice to replace with something that's more of a standard. Note: this really needs to be fairly efficient, since this is a common task. Parsing XML queries/responses several hundred times a second really isn't a good thing to be spending CPU time on.
- Improve developer documentation by doxygenifying all the major classes, and the major subsystems of MythTV.
- Split recording duties out of mythbackend into a separate daemon.
- Background scanning and notifications for content in Storage Groups.?
- Revamp of perl bindings.
- Additional official bindings: php (split from MythWeb?), ruby, java, ...
- Revamp of nuvexport.