Opened 6 years ago
Closed 5 years ago
Last modified 5 years ago
UPnP browsing "By Title" fails for shows with non-Latin1 characters [+PATCH]
|Reported by:||foceni@…||Owned by:||beirdo|
|Component:||MythTV - UPnP||Version:||0.23-fixes|
For example: "By Title" browsing shows a folder called "Černá zmije (18)", but when I click it open on PS3 or in Totem on the desktop, it is empty. Locating the show via "By Date" plays without fail. This is broken for everybody with non-Latin1 characters if UPnP is used.
I checked the source in my local MythTV 0.23-fixes repo and indeed, there was a bug in handling UTF8 requests. The same bug existed in SVN trunk the last time I used it (~month back).
US coders probably didn't expect the search filters to contain UTF8 characters, so they used .toLatin1() conversions all around the place. Attached is a simple fix, as switching from .toLatin1() to .toUtf8() fixes the whole issue.
Applying to upstream is as simple as "search and replace", though not all occurrences require UTF8, it doesn't hurt or break anything. E.g. for key=value pair decoding, only the "value" needs .toUtf8().
Change History (8)
Changed 6 years ago by foceni@…
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by beirdo
- Owner changed from dblain to beirdo
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by beirdo
- Keywords utf8 added; removed
- Priority changed from major to minor
comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by David Kubicek <foceni@…>
Changed 5 years ago by David Kubicek <foceni@…>
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by beirdo
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.24.1
- Resolution set to Fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by 2@…
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by robertm
- Ticket locked set