Opened 3 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

#12618 new Bug Report - General

Greek eit codepage broken after upgrade from ce3eb5e4 to eda27c68

Reported by: yiannividalis@… Owned by: Karl Egly
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: MythTV - EIT Version: Master Head
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

Hi, some of the Greek transports have broken eit after the upgrade. Not all of them, though. Those that in eithelper.cpp I had specifically set the codepage are ok:(kEFixForceISO8859_7)

    fix[    2LL << 32 |  8492LL << 16 ] = // N1,Nplus,NHD,Vouli
        EITFixUp::kEFixForceISO8859_7 |   // it is encoded in cp-1253
        EITFixUp::kFixGreekSubtitle |     // Subtitle has too much info and is
        EITFixUp::kFixGreekEIT |              // cut in db. Will move to descr.
        EITFixUp::kFixGreekCategories;

Garbled are the ones right above them, where I've not set the EITFixUp::kEFixForceISO8859_7 (lines 1435-1442 of eithelper.cpp).

I am currently in the process of bisecting to find the commit that is causing it. Although I guess that if I add the EITFixUp::kEFixForceISO8859_7 to the affected group it'll be ok. However, I didn't have to do so before and I think the problem will appear to other non-English codepages for other users.

Attachments (3)

dvbtune-st.txt.tar.gz (5.6 KB) - added by yiannividalis@… 3 years ago.
dvbsnoop -nph 0x12 -n 5
dvbtune-n.txt (7.0 KB) - added by yiannividalis@… 3 years ago.
dvbsnoop 0x12 -n 1
dvbtune-snoop.zip (15.3 KB) - added by yiannividalis@… 3 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (14)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by yiannividalis@…

I confirmed that by adding EITFixUp::kEFixForceISO8859_7 to the affected group fixes the problem. Still waiting for the first bisect ....

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by Karl Egly

I'll have a look, possible an issue due to c4fe5210fa6db3879e0d941b50826c9b82af646a

Can you post a sample EIT entry (output of dvbsnoop -n 1 0x12) that broke? (p.s. do you know the new "mythutil --cleareit" already? helps with testing if you test around a time where no recordings are scheduled)

Changed 3 years ago by yiannividalis@…

Attachment: dvbtune-st.txt.tar.gz added

dvbsnoop -nph 0x12 -n 5

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by yiannividalis@…

For dvb-t, I can afford to use my laptop with an extra usb tuner, without disrupting the normal installation. So if you want me to test any more, please let me know. In the meantime, the bisecting is still going (the 3rd step, if I remember correctly).

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by yiannividalis@…

Yes, Karl, you were right, that's the culprit: git bisect bad c4fe5210fa6db3879e0d941b50826c9b82af646a is the first bad commit

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by Karl Egly

"-nph" removes the hexdump that I create the unit tests from :( Can you post the same file including the hexdumps?

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by Karl Dietz <dekarl@…>

In 770f9ebbb23d171f7c7a01b567c4171c564987f1/mythtv:

extend unit tests to catch issue with c4fe5210fa

Sadly all tests pass, so the cause is still unclear.

Refs #9480
Refs #12618

Changed 3 years ago by yiannividalis@…

Attachment: dvbtune-n.txt added

dvbsnoop 0x12 -n 1

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by yiannividalis@…

To help with the investigation, I'm attaching a zip file which contains, for the 4 transports available to my area, the dvbtune and dvbsnoop data (the second as originally requested :) ). It contains pairs of files for each transport. I hope it's of use.

Changed 3 years ago by yiannividalis@…

Attachment: dvbtune-snoop.zip added

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by Karl Dietz <dekarl@…>

In 67f13feb41e1928718eb3461634a8ee366b49449/mythtv:

Revert "remove unneeded casts"

Refs #9480
Refs #12618

This reverts commit a11d8cb3c74c0340d4d76dbf34d8ccb98075b4e4.

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by Karl Dietz <dekarl@…>

In e60471d5ef3008882fd65cf694b2f09fe706e4e1/mythtv:

Revert "extend unit tests to catch issue with c4fe5210fa"

Refs #9480
Refs #12618

This reverts commit 770f9ebbb23d171f7c7a01b567c4171c564987f1.

comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by Karl Dietz <dekarl@…>

In 05159b0a12238e8f4ed525ae50943a8eb2ba6355/mythtv:

Revert "extend character encoding fixups for Cyfra+ and Polsat"

Refs #9480
Refs #12618

This reverts commit c4fe5210fa6db3879e0d941b50826c9b82af646a.

comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by Karl Egly

I'm moving work to a branch at https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/devel/eit-encoding-fixes so this issue should be "fixed" now in master.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.